For telecommunication Products:
Basic comparative evaluation assumptions:
- Products stored in the system database, refer to the official telecommunications companies pricelists, offered by the providers’ official distribution network. This means, that it does not include any personalized offers offered by the company.
- The comparison criteria values entered by the user in the system, refer to the consumption period of one month (30 days). It is considered that one (1) month contains thirty (30) days.
- The comparative evaluation service, takes into account the following services:
- - National and international fixed and mobile calls, Roaming calls
- - Messages (SMS)
- - Fixed and mobile broadband access services
- The term "unlimited", refers to services in which the good use policy (voice minutes limit), data volume or number of messages does not apply. It emphasized that, for the services where fair usage policy is applied, the maximum limit is defined in the relevant escalations.
- Products, which are addressed to specific social user groups (pensioners, students, disabled people, etc.) as well as products with geographical constraints, they are involved in the benchmarking process.
- Any basic product can be combined with up to two bundled products (addOns) of the same or different service products. Note that the same bundled product can be activated as many times as allowed during one month.
- It is considered that the consumption of the integrated value is made during the current billing period or during a one (1) month period in the case of prepaid products and is not transferred over the next period.
- It is considered that access to any service is done exclusively by one means (a mobile phone with a sim, a fixed line phone, a fixed broadband line, a sim for mobile broadband access). Commercial products are an exception.
- Charges are previewed and assessed, in comparisons to (at least) EU countries and to the following countries additionally: USA, Australia, Russia, Ukraine, Albania, Serbia, Turkey, Egypt, Canada, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Nigeria, South Africa. During roaming use, potential charges from the above countries to Greece are previewed.
Not taken into consideration:
- Products with a number of voice channels or connections (for mobile telephony) greater than 12.
- Data calls and fax calls, calls to non-geographic numbers and special numbers (4-digit, 5-digit, etc.), Calls via satellite and Internet messaging services, video calls service.
- Any geographical distribution limitations that exist for services.
- Services consumption to certain destinations.
- The contract penalty interruption (before contract expiration), nevertheless it appears in product results.
- Products and offers, for which no restrictions apply on their activation and / or time restrictions for placing them in benchmarking process. Products excluded due to time constraints, are those for which the time period of an asset or consumption period of an offer, for promotion products, is less than 30 days. Be noted, that these products are included in the search process, i.e. the user can see such products by selecting the appropriate search filter in the corresponding application of the system.
- Products that are not available to new customers
- The existing provider of the user, during program benchmarking/comparative evaluation process
Additional fixed telephony assumptions:
- For fixed telephony, it is considered that the default type of telephone line is a simple telephone line.
- For fixed telephony, if «talk time percentage to Provider» is not set by the user, it is considered that the talk time shall be allocated between providers in accordance with market shares based on the subscribers held (by the provider) in accordance with last year’s actual figures. It is noted that the data do not change during the year in the event of a new service provider market entry.
- For fixed telephony within the national network, if «Talk Time to Mobile» or «Talk time to fixed line» is not filled by the user, it is considered that the talk time shall be allocated between fixed and mobile telephony, based on last year’s actual traffic data.
- For fixed telephony within national network, if "Talk time to fixed urban lines" and "Talk time to fixed long distance lines" is not set by the user, it is considered that the talk time shall be allocated between fixed urban and long distance lines, in accordance with last year’s actual traffic data.
Not taken into consideration:
- Fixed telephony prepaid products,
- Call center services for non-home products (fixed telephony),
- Extra line lump sum activation fees,
- The out of zone charge fees for homezone / officezone services,
- Fixed telephony specific ways of access i.e. professional group voice & data wireless communication via radiocommunition, leased lines, Public card telephony and prepaid cards, Private call centers / PBX, telephony services with IP call center / PBX or Cloud call center, DSLphone / EFM (Ethernet in the first Mile) telephony, corporate numbers Integration in shared / private /virtual network
- The following additional services or features: Chat for three, Consumption of integrated value from all points of presence of the firm, call completion on a busy line.
Additional mobile telephony assumptions:
- For mobile telephony, if "Talk time percentage to Service Provider" is not set by the user, it is considered that the talk time shall be allocated between providers based on last year’s actual data.
- • For mobile telephony, if "Talk time to mobile" and "Talk time to fixed lines" is not set by the user, it is considered that the talk time shall be allocated between fixed and mobile telephony based on last year’s actual data traffic.
Not taken into consideration:
- The possibility of transferring integrated value from one subscriber to another,
- Device subsidies for mobile products as well as the corresponding products associated with them,
- Promotions which take the form of «Other offers» (e.g. concert tickets or cinema, cosmetic etc.),
- Offers which are not provided by the official distribution channel of the provider but by indirect representatives (e.g. electrical stores),
- Incoming roaming calls,
- Different service components (fees or/and integrated value) of the product concerning the use to a specific provider for roaming and international calls,
- Additional mobile telephony services i.e.: Integrated value balance renewal for another subscriber, 2 numbers in a SIM card, ability to use the integrated value of mobile broadband from different devices (e.g. mobile phone and laptop), device protection, cloud services, the ability to include prepaid connections value (prepaid mobile telephony) to the business product, SMS messages from your PC to one or more mobile phones through a web page or application, Improved service coverage/signal within the subscriber’s house, the possibility of sharing the integrated value to other numbers of the same product, mobile access of professional phonebook, provide integrated value services without the need of a renewal card registration and value removal off the next renewal card.
Additional broadband access assumptions:
- For fixed broadband access services, it is assumed that the user has an active telephone line.
Not taken into consideration:
- Downgrade / Upgrade connection fee,
- Other fixed location data services,
- Alternative ways of disposal (loan / sale) and types of equipment,
- Mobile broadband access data services (Timecharge),
- Products that available for less than one month (30 days) for mobile broadband access data services
For postal Services:
- The application includes courier services. Standard post office services are not included.
- During the services comparison process, products that do not provide the service/s preselected by the user are excluded.
- Areas defined as remote (hard to reach), may differ between companies. For this reason, differences may occur in cost and service delivery time between different companies
- Concerning package deliveries abroad, the system searches for country level available services rather than regions or Postcode
- Some additional services may not be combined with one another or not be available in certain areas by all companies (e.g. delivery and cash purchase, morning delivery / time commitment and remote areas)
- Some additional services may be billed with different charging unit, depending on the policy of each company. E.g. mailman waiting per quarter, half hour or hour fee. Further information about characteristics
- The user defines dimensions of the package to be shipped in centimeters (cm) and weight in kilograms (kg).
- Dimensions fields are mandatory, because they are needed in order to calculate the volumetric weight of the package. In cases where volumetric weight exceeds the actual weight, the service charge is in accordance with the first metric.
- Dimensions affect the choice of appropriate products as well, for each service, there might be restrictions, as to the maximum authorized dimensions and / or the allowed volume of the package
- All Service fees include the current VAT (23%). In areas where other VAT rate is applied, it is likely that in comparison results, the precise cost of the service to be different than the displayed cost.
- For international shipments, the cost of any duties that may arise, because of the package content, is not calculated.
Group and Multiple Shipments
- Group shipment, is the shipment from one sender to multiple recipients. The cost of mass shipment can be calculated for two cases: 1. Single nationwide and 2. Single local shipment. For single local shipment it is considered that the mass shipment, takes place to the municipality that the postcode (value inserted in «Place of delivery» field, by the user) refers to,
- Multiple shipment, is the shipment of multiple packages from a sender to a recipient.
- For multiple / group shipments, it is considered that the data inserted, concerning the dimensions of the package (length / width / height / weight), are the same for all the packages to be sent.