For telecommunication products
In telecommunication products, services comparison is based on a series of stepwise calculations, algorithm, which consists of the sections.
To begin with, the citizen is asked to provide some information on the services’ usage. For example they are prompted to indicate whether they are the end-user or not, whether the usage stated is the average or maximum usage, which services they use and how often. Depending on the awareness of the citizen on the usage they make, they can fill in the corresponding number of fields.
Comparison steps are sequentially the practical use of input data, the subset of registered products selection that offers a solution to the purchasing problem, the cost of use calculation for every solution and the ranking from cheapest to more expensive. The comparison service is based on user input data, on system variables exported from official statistical information as well as on a number of assumptions. One assumption is that the comparison is related to pricelists and not on personal offers.
Mobile Telephony Example
The system checks whether there is a subscriber type selection, service or contract category input. Then, for each mobile service block completed by the citizen, talk time, average call duration and destinations for the right set of products are taken into consideration by the system in order to simulate the use on an annual basis.
You can find the updated comparative evaluation framework of telecommunication products, here. Note that this comparative evaluation framework of telecommunication products has been updated based on EETT Decision 806/04/6-4-2017 and 813/03/7-6-2017.
The comparative evaluation method of postal services, takes into consideration the pricing data of retail postal services entered in the Repository subsystem and seeks for solutions that match the user's criteria.
More specifically, the user fills in the receipt and delivery region, by entering the ZIP code or the toponyms of those areas. In case the user wishes to send a package abroad, they select the country of their choice from the list of available countries. The user can choose the point from which the postal company could receive/deliver the object to be shipped, as well. The available options are, the branch of the company, the customer address or set no limitations on the point of receipt / delivery and therefore the comparative evaluation process will include all products, regardless receipt point.
Then, the user specifies the type of the object to be shipped selecting between Letter / Folder and Parcel. If the choice concerns a package shipment, the user should set the dimensions of the object (in centimeters). Afterwards, the user sets the weight of the object (in kg). The user could indicate the type of content (in shipments concerning packages), where special treatment should be considered. The available options to choose are: fragile, fixed temperature, can be altered, irregular shape or flexible.
The next criterion to be entered by the user concerns the maximum delivery duration i.e. the maximum number of days within which the user wishes the delivery of the item to be completed. Another evaluation criterion, is the desired method of payment (cash, credit or no restriction). If the user is interested in a group shipment, then they enter the number of objects to be sent and choose between single nationwide or single local shipmen, then selects the county where the packages are to be shipped. There is the choice to insert data for multiple shipments (receipt and delivery of packages to the same spot) accordingly. For multiple shipments, the comparative evaluation method seeks for possible discounts, depending on the number of packages.
Finally, the system allows the user to choose from a set of available additional services. During the evaluation process of products in the system, products that do not offer the service/s that have been selected by the user are excluded. Please note that any charges of additional services which may apply, are not included in the final cost of the product, though they are shown in the details of the products of the comparative analysis process, for user information. The additional services application options, are as follows: Recipient charge, Buy, Cash, Courier Hold, Call Contact for the delivery, Items with Declared Value Insurance, Guaranteed Time Delivery, Saturday Delivery, Morning Delivery before a Specific Time, Guaranteed Delivery (specific delivery time), Signature / Protocol Number Return, Packaging, Loyalty.
The updated comparative evaluation framework of postal products is here
For telecommunication Products:
1. Products stored in the system database, refer to the official telecommunications companies pricelists, offered by the providers’ official distribution network. This means, that it does not include any personalized offers offered by the company.
2. The input values of the comparison criteria entered by the user, refer to the consumption period of one month (30 days). It is considered that one (1) month contains thirty (30) days.
3. The comparative evaluation service, takes into account the following services:
• National and international fixed and mobile calls, Roaming calls
• Messages (SMS)
• Fixed and mobile broadband access services
4. The term "unlimited", refers to services that are limited by any fair use policy . It is emphasized that, for the services where fair use policy is applied, the maximum limit is defined in the relevant escalations.
5. Products, which are addressed to specific social user groups (pensioners, students, disabled people, etc.) as well as products with geographical constraints, can be included in the comparative evaluation process.
6. Any “basic product” can be combined with up to two add-on products of the same or different service. Note that the same add-on product can be activated as many times as allowed during one month.
7. It is considered that the consumption of the allowance is made during the current billing period or during a one (1) month period in the case of prepaid products and is not transferred over the next period.
8. It is considered that access to any service is done exclusively by one means (a mobile phone with a SIM card, a fixed line phone, a fixed broadband line, a SIM card for mobile broadband access). Business products are an exception.
Excluded services/products :
9. Products with a number of voice channels or connections (for mobile telephony) greater than 12.
10. Data calls and fax calls, calls to non-geographic numbers and special numbers (4-digit, 5-digit, etc.), Calls via satellite and Internet messaging services, video calls service.
11. Any geographical distribution limitations that exist for services.
12. Services consumption to certain destinations.
13. The contract penalty interruption (before contract expiration), nevertheless it appears in product results.
14. Products and offers, for which no restrictions apply on their activation and / or time restrictions for placing them in comperative evaluation process. Products excluded due to time constraints, are those for which the time period of fixed fee or consumption period of a special offer is less than 30 days. Be noted, that these products are included in the search process, i.e. the user can see such products by selecting the appropriate search filter in the corresponding application of the system.
15. Products that are not available to new customers.
16. The Subscriber’s current service provider is not taken into account during program comparative evaluation process.
Additional fixed telephony assumptions:
17. For fixed telephony, it is considered that the default type of telephone line is a simple telephone line.
18. For fixed telephony, if «talk time percentage to Provider» is not set by the user, it is considered that the talk time shall be allocated between providers in accordance with market shares based on the subscribers held (by the provider) in accordance with last year’s actual figures. It is noted that the data do not change during the year in the event of a new service provider market entry.
19. For fixed telephony within the domestic network, if «Talk Time to Mobile» or «Talk time to fixed line» is not filled by the user, it is considered that the talk time shall be allocated between fixed and mobile telephony, based on previous year’s actual traffic data.
20. For fixed telephony within the domestic network, if "Talk time to fixed urban lines" and "Talk time to fixed long distance lines" is not set by the user, it is considered that the talk time shall be allocated between fixed urban and long distance lines, in accordance with last year’s actual traffic data.
Excluded services/products :
21. Fixed telephony prepaid products,
22. Call center services for non-home products (fixed telephony),
23. Extra line lump sum activation fees,
24. The out of zone charge fees for homezone/officezone services,
25. Fixed telephony specific ways of access i.e. professional group voice & data wireless communication via radiocommunition, leased lines, Public card telephony and prepaid cards, Private call centers / PBX, telephony services with IP call center / PBX or Cloud call center, DSLphone / EFM (Ethernet in the first Mile) telephony, corporate numbers Integration in shared / private /virtual network,
26. The following additional services: Three way calling, consumption of allowance from all points of presence of the firm, call completion on a busy line.
Additional mobile telephony assumptions:
• For mobile telephony, if "Talk time percentage to Service Provider" is not set by the user, it is considered that the talk time shall be allocated between providers based on previous year’s actual data.
• For mobile telephony, if "Talk time to mobile" and "Talk time to fixed lines" is not set by the user, it is considered that the talk time shall be allocated between fixed and mobile telephony based on last year’s actual data traffic.
Excluded services/products :
• Transferring allowance from one subscriber to another,
• Device subsidies for mobile products as well as the corresponding products associated with them,
• Promotions which take the form of «Other offers» (e.g. concert tickets or cinema, cosmetic etc.),
• Offers which are not provided by the official distribution channel of the provider but by other resellers (e.g. electronic devices stores),
• Incoming roaming calls,
• Different tariff components (charges or/and allowance) of the product refering to a specific roaming or international calls provider,
• Additional mobile telephony services i.e.: renewal of prepaid balance for another subscriber, 2 numbers in a SIM card, use of mobile broadband data allowance on different devices (e.g. mobile phone and laptop), mobile device protection, cloud services, prepaid subscriptions in addition to business products, web-based SMS messaging, improved service coverage/signal within the subscriber’s house, sharing of the allowance with other subscribers with the same product, mobile access of professional phonebook.
Additional broadband access assumptions:
• For fixed broadband access services, it is assumed that the user has an active telephone line.
Excluded services/products :
• Downgrade / Upgrade connection fee,
• Other fixed location data services,
• Alternative ways of providing the equipment (on loan / sale) and types of equipment,
• Mobile broadband access data services (Timecharge),
• Products that available for less than one month (30 days) for mobile broadband access data services
For postal Services:
• The application includes courier services. Standard post office services are not included.
• During the services comparison process, products that do not provide the service/s preselected by the user are excluded.
• Areas defined as remote (hard to reach), may differ between companies. For this reason, differences may occur in cost and service delivery time between different companies
• Concerning package deliveries abroad, the system searches for country level available services rather than regions or Postcode
• Some additional services may not be combined with one another or not be available in certain areas by all companies (e.g. delivery and cash purchase, morning delivery / time commitment and remote areas)
• Some additional services may be billed with different charging unit, depending on the policy of each company. E.g. mailman waiting per quarter, half hour or hour fee. Further information about characteristics
• The user defines dimensions of the package to be shipped in centimeters (cm) and weight in kilograms (kg).
• Dimensions fields are mandatory, because they are needed in order to calculate the volumetric weight of the package. In cases where volumetric weight exceeds the actual weight, the service charge is in accordance with the first metric.
• Dimensions affect the choice of appropriate products as well, for each service, there might be restrictions, as to the maximum authorized dimensions and / or the allowed volume of the package
• All Service fees include the current VAT (23%). In areas where other VAT rate is applied, it is likely that in comparison results, the precise cost of the service to be different than the displayed cost.
• For international shipments, the cost of any duties that may arise, because of the package content, is not calculated.
Group and Multiple Shipments
• Group shipment, is the shipment from one sender to multiple recipients. The cost of mass shipment can be calculated for two cases: 1. Single nationwide and 2. Single local shipment. For single local shipment it is considered that the mass shipment, takes place to the municipality that the postcode (value inserted in «Place of delivery» field, by the user) refers to,
• Multiple shipment, is the shipment of multiple packages from a sender to a recipient.
• For multiple / group shipments, it is considered that the data inserted, concerning the dimensions of the package (length / width / height / weight), are the same for all the packages to be sent.